[2/22] Third Annual Seminar and Fair Day
Location: Yeshiva University, Wilf Campus
Date: February 22, 2013
Time: 9:30 AM – 2:00 PM
February 27, 2013: Manhattan Times Article
- 200 students from the Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, and Brooklyn arrived at Yeshiva University’s Wilf campus for the Second Annual College EDge Seminar and Fair Day!
- New York City Councilman Ydanis Rodriguez, (who funds College EDge through a grant from the City Council) attended and addressed the students.
- Mr. Rafael Quiles, Admissions Representative of Hostos Community College, discussed how a college education is achievable and worthwhile.
- A (now-traditional) College EDge pizza lunch allowed students to mingle with Yeshiva University undergraduate College EDge mentors, who shared their personal experiences and answer any questions.
- Workshops on Financial Aid were delivered by Financial Aid representatives from Yeshiva University’s Office of Student Finance, Office of Financial Aid, and Mrs. Lolita Wood-Hill, Yeshiva College Director of Pre-Health Advisement.
- Workshops on “Writing a Personal Statement” by the Yeshiva University Wilf Campus Writing Center, “Time Management” by the Yeshiva College Office of Academic Support, and “Making the Most Out of College” by the Yeshiva College Career Development Center.
- College Fair + Tours of Yeshiva University’s Wilf campus!
Click Here for Pictures From the Event
19 schools and programs which attended listed below
Bronx Community College (CUNY)
Hostos Community College (CUNY)
Kingsborough Community College
Metropolitan College of New York
New York Institute of Technology
Phillips Beth Israel School of Nursing
16 New York City High School YABCs which attended:
Christopher Columbus High
John F. Kennedy High
Thomas Jefferson High
Adlai Stevenson High
George Washington High
Bronx Community High
Evander Childs Campus
John Adams High
Boys and Girls High School
High School for Arts and Business
Highbridge Community Life Center
Downtown Brooklyn High
Franklin K. Lane High
Washington Irving High
High School of Graphic Communication Arts